Registrar Agreement Overview
Please note the new Registrar Agreement will come into effect 1 March 2015. You can find more detailed information about the new agreement here.
At a glance
- The new Registrar Agreement came into effect on 6 March 2014.
- The Registrar Agreement is the contract between Nominet and a registrar
- As a registrar you must make your customers aware of the contract they are entering into when they become a .uk domain name registrant
The Registrar Agreement covers how we expect registrars to behave in respect of our registration systems, commitments to registrants, the maintenance of data and our payment terms.
The full agreement with registrars consists of:
- the Registrar Agreement
- Credit and Payment Terms
- our instructions on use of the registrar systems
- the acceptable use policies for the Automaton,Web Domain Manager and EPP systems
- the Definition and Interpretation Terms
- our current Fee Schedule
- Terms and conditions logo
We also have a complaints procedure for registrants to use if they wish to complain about a registrar, or which a member or registrar can use if they wish to make us aware of another registrar who is in breach of the registrar agreement.