Proxy Services Framework
In September 2018 we launched a 30-day comment period inviting feedback from stakeholders on a proposal for a new Proxy Services framework. On 14 November 2018 we announced that following this process we decided to proceed with a framework for these services.
- Only Accredited Channel Partners are eligible for participation.
- Participating registrars will be required to submit either a suitable Proxy Service Incident Plan (PSIP), or ensure a suitable third-party data escrow scheme is in place.
- For DRS claims, the Proxy Service Provider will have a two working days timeframe in which to supply details of the underlying registrant.
- Proxy Service Providers will be obligated to respond to LEA data requests within a one working day timescale.
- Participating registrars will be subject to an annual compliance audit to ensure underlying data is accurate.
- Marketing must not imply that without proxy services personal data will be published by default.
A summary of the feedback and Nominet response can be found here. A revised version of the registry-registrar agreement has been published and is available here. The effective date for the new framework being 7 January 2019.
Accredited Channel Partners that wish to apply to provide a Proxy Service within the framework should email their expression of interest to the Compliance team. We will send you an application pack with details on next steps.
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom