Proxy Service Framework
A Proxy Service is a feature for Accredited Channel Partners whereby a Registrant may provide us with a third party’s contact details in relation to their .uk domain name, subject to the provisions set out in Schedule 4 of the Registry-Registrar Agreement.
Only Accredited Channel Partners in good standing with Nominet may provide a Proxy Service. Such a Proxy Service must be authorised by Nominet before it is activated.
If you wish to apply to provide a Proxy Service, email your expression of interest to the Compliance team. We will send you an application pack with details on next steps.
- Only Accredited Channel Partners are eligible for participation.
- Participating registrars will be required to submit either a suitable Proxy Service Incident Plan (PSIP), or ensure a suitable third-party data escrow scheme is in place.
- For DRS claims, the Proxy Service Provider will have a two working days timeframe in which to supply details of the underlying registrant.
- Proxy Service Providers will be obligated to respond to LEA data requests within a one working day timescale.
- Participating registrars will be subject to an annual compliance audit to ensure underlying data is accurate.
- Marketing must not imply that without proxy services personal data will be published by default.
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom