.uk Registrar systems
At a glance
- We have two systems for registrars to register and manage .uk domain names
- You have access to the Web Domain Manager through your Online Services account
- Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) is an XML based system over an SSL secure connection to our server
- These systems are available to our registrars free of charge
- If you’re looking for information on Domain Lock, Domain Health or turingEssentials please visit Security Services.
We have a number of systems available to registrars to assist with the registration and management of domain names. All of these systems are available free of charge for providing registrar services in accordance with our Registry-Registrar agreement. Each system has its own key strengths in terms of speed and functionality. Registrars can use either or both of these systems to register and manage domain names. The table below highlights differences in system functionality:
EPP is an XML, client-server protocol based system for registering and managing domain names (over an SSL secure connection).
Web Domain Manager is a browser based online interface for registering and managing domain names. You can access it through your online account
List API is a SOAP-based API that provides list functionality to registrars.
Online Services is our web based account management system for members, registrars and registrants. It allows account holders to manage the services that they subscribe to such as credit accounts, registrar service settings, Searchable Whois, DAC etc. For registrants it provides access to functions including registrar change, registrant transfer and cancellation.
Additionally, our database structure is the key element in system integration and development.
|Domain management tool operations||EPP||Web domain manager|
|Handshake for registrar change||Y||Y|
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom