At a glance
- For Nominet TLDs billing is handled through your Nominet credit account in pounds sterling
- Billing for MMX TLDs are handled in the existing MMX portal
- Billing for Amazon TLDs is handled by Nominet, acting as a billing agent for Amazon Registry Services, Inc. The credit account is in US dollars which can be accessed through Nominet’s portal
Nominet credit account
We issue our invoices by email on the 8th of each month. We will charge the amount given in each of your monthly invoices to your credit account.
We issue separate invoices for domain name registrations and renewals. These invoices include all the domain names that you have registered or renewed from 00:00:01 on the first day of the previous month to midnight on the last day of the previous month.
Nominet credit and payment terms apply for all existing and new registrars.
Amazon credit account
These accounts function in the same way as the Nominet credit account, however they are in US dollars and credit and payment terms are set by Amazon Registry Services, Inc. Payments made to the Amazon credit account are not transferable to the Nominet or Amazon credit accounts or vice versa.
- Nominet sets a credit limit across the .cymru, .wales and .uk TLDs
- MMX are responsible for any amount of credit provided within their TLDs
On a registrar exceeding an agreed limit, we may choose to extend the limit or suspend the registrar from chargeable transactions.
Grace periods apply for the deletion of registrations and renewals. Domain names deleted outside of these grace periods will be charged and we will not issue credit notes.
If you register a domain name and successfully send a delete instruction to our registrar systems within the 5 day ‘add grace period’ we will not charge you. However, use of the delete command is subject to the limits set out in ICANN’s AGP Limits Policy.
- (i) 10% of the net new registrations in that month, or
- (ii) fifty (50) domain names, whichever is greater
- If you renew a domain name and successfully send a delete instruction to our registrar systems within the 5 day renew grace period we will not charge you.
- If you delete a domain name within the 45 day auto renew grace period, we will not charge you if this is completed before we issue our invoice for the auto renewal.
- If you delete a domain name within the 45 day auto renew grace period, but after we have issued our invoice for the auto renewal, a credit note will be applied to your account.
- Credit notes that have been issued for domain names deleted within the auto renew grace period will be applied to the balance of the credit account. Registrars should review both outstanding credit notes and invoices to ensure they make the correct payment.
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom