OT&E and Testbed
Operational test and evaluation (OT&E) environment and Testbed
Two systems are available for testing.
- OT&E: This mirrors the production system
- Testbed: This mirrors the production system and is used to deploy new functionality to ahead of release to production
How to register for the EPP OT&E/Testbed environment
- Login into the Online Service
- Sign up for the OT&E service at ‘gTLD OT&E Setting’
- Select the gTLD registry to administer settings for
- Enter a password to use in EPP login commands
- Specify the IP address from which you will connect to the EPP service
- Connectivity will be available within one hour
- These details can be changed at any time, and will be reflected on the server within one hour
How to connect to the EPP OT&E/Testbed server
- Obtain a certificate from a well known public CA (Certificate Authority) and any intermediate certificates in the chain
- Upon connection submit both the certificate and any other certificates within the chain up to the root CA
- Connections may only be made from the IP address specified in your online account
- A WHOIS server is available for the OT&E environment
- Server names are setup per TLD as follows (the text ‘tld’ in each server name needs to be replaced with the appropriate TLD, as shown in the example for .wales)
|Environment||Service||Server name for TLD||Port||Example server for .wales|
Objects existing in the live registry, such as domains and contacts, are NOT replicated in the OT&E environment. Only a clone of your registrar account will appear in the dataset.
Testing registrar transfers
In order to test registrar transfers, a second registrar account has been provided for all registrars on the OT&E environment with identical connection IP addresses and passwords. There is a cloned CLID to test registrar transfers. The cloned CLID has an underscore (‘_’) appended to it. The name of the cloned CLID is generated as follows:
- If the CLID has less than 16 characters, the cloned login CLID is the same as the original with trailing ‘_’. For example, if the CLID is ‘EXAMPLE’, the cloned CLID is ‘EXAMPLE_’.
- If the CLID has 16 characters, the final character has been replaced with a ‘_’. For example, if the CLID is ‘EXAMPLE-WITH-16C’, the cloned CLID is ‘EXAMPLE-WITH-16_’.
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom