Credit and Payment Terms
What this document is for:
These terms are not a stand-alone document or contract. They represent the standard wording which forms part of several of our contracts.
Credit and Payment:
1. We may (but are not obliged to) provide and maintain a credit account for you.
2. When deciding whether to let you have a credit account, and during any time when you do have a credit account with us, we reserve the right to conduct (at our own expense) reasonable credit checks in relation to you from time to time and to make a decision based in part on those references.
3. The level of credit (if any) will be set by us from time to time, and we will notify you of our decision. You may request a different credit limit from time to time and we will consider your request but retain an absolute discretion as to what limit to offer you.
4. We will not tell anyone else (apart from any contact you have given us) information relating to your credit account without your permission. However, we will have the right to inform a registrant if any fee for that domain name is outstanding.
5. If you exceed any credit limit in force from time to time, we may put the contract into a special status until the amount of recorded debt is less than the credit limit (but note the next clause). Most commonly this consists of declining to act on any request from you or relayed for an end user by you for which there is a charge payable, whether or not that charge would be payable out of the credit account, but not blocking free transactions
6. Where the money on account is insufficient to meet the debt outstanding, we may:
6.1. require you to notify us which outstanding invoice is to be paid first;
6.2. require you to take actions other than payment to reduce the debt outstanding; and/or
6.3. allocate the money on account to outstanding invoices without instructions from you.
7. We will charge any fees incurred by you (either directly, or because our processes allow you to pay them on behalf of another) direct to the credit account unless:
7.1. you pay via another method at the time;
7.2. the particular fee is one which we are not prepared to give credit for; or
7.3. the particular fee is one which we are prepared to bill the end user or registrant for directly and you request that we do so. Note that if the end user or registrant is invoiced it may be at the rate that they would have been charged by us if they had dealt directly with us from the outset (see the fees page of our website for details).
8. We will invoice you no less than monthly, and you will pay the sum due under the invoice in a single payment within 30 days of the date of the invoice.
9. If invoice(s) remain unpaid beyond 30 days from the date of the invoice we may (in addition to any other rights we may have) decline to act on any request from you or relayed for an end user by you for which there is a charge payable, whether or not that charge would be payable out of the credit account. Free transactions will not be blocked or rejected for this reason.
10. If invoice(s) remain unpaid beyond 60 days from the date of the invoice we may (in addition to any other rights we may have) charge interest on a daily basis (compounded annually) on that part of the invoiced amount(s) remaining unpaid at the rate of 4% above the base rate of our bank until payment in full is received.
11. On termination of this contract (however it comes about) all credit facilities provided under this contract are withdrawn and any sums on the account become immediately due and owing unless we specify otherwise.