26 April 2017 – Testbed maintenance
On Wednesday 26 April the UK and gTLD testbed (Operational Test and Evaluation – OT&E) will be unavailable for approximately one hour 10:00 – 11:00 BST (UTC+1).
Changes being released during this maintenance window include changes to further standardise the UK EPP interface and changes to the gTLD domain:check response.
From 9 May the following changes will be implemented in the production environment:
- UK EPP timestamps (crDate, exDate and update) are returned in UTC with the letter ‘Z’ on the end to denote this. Dates had previously been returned in the ‘Europe/London’ time zone but with no timezone indication in the output.
- The schema namespace names used in errors will now match those used for reply. We had previously used ‘contact-ext’, ‘domain-ext’ and ‘secdns’ in errors; ‘contact-nom-ext’,’domain-nom-ext’ and ‘secDNS’ will now be used in common with reply entities.
- The domain:crID and contact:crID fields in responses will be changed to show the tag name rather than the previous ‘created-by’ field. When we don’t have this information, this field will contain ‘UNKNOWN’.
- The domain:upID field in responses will be changed to show the tag name rather than the previous ‘changed-by’ field. Where we don’t have this information, the field will contain ‘UNKNOWN’. This change will not be made for contact:upID as we don’t have the required data.
- secDNS commands will require the secDNS schema to be declared at login.
- Where a host has been marked as deleted, it will no longer be returned by a host:info command.
Users of UK EPP should ensure that their system are updated to accommodate these changes. These changes will be available for registrars in the UK testbed (OT&E) from 12 April 2017.
There will be a new field in the EPP XML response to domain:check commands for unavailability reasons.
The unavailability reasons will start to show for all registrars who do a domain:check in the following cases:
|Id||Domain status||EPP response|
|1||The domain is registered||<domain:reason>Registered</domain:reason>|
|2||The domain is reserved across multiple TLDs||<domain:reason>Reserved A</domain:reason>|
|3||The domain is reserved||<domain:reason>Reserved</domain:reason>|
Users of Nominet’s gTLD EPP should ensure that their system can accommodate this additional optional information.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact our Customer Services team on +44.1865 332233 or email [email protected]
Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4DQ, United Kingdom