At 15:00 (BST) the Business Intelligence (BI) service will be unavailable for up to 48 hours
4 July - gTLD Registrar Abuse Contact and WHOIS Output changes
To meet the new ICANN requirements for the updated Registry Registration Data Directory Services Consistent Labeling and Display Policy, we are making the gTLD Registrar Abuse Contact mandatory for all gTLD Registrars.
The Registrar Abuse contact needs to include the following:
- Registrar Abuse Phone Number
- Registrar Abuse Email
To review or make changes to your contacts please log into Online Services, select Edit contacts from within the Account Settings section, then select gTLD Registrar. Please note if you hold more than one gTLD account you will need to review and make changes to each one.
The new Registrar Abuse Contact Information fields, as well as the addition of ICANN’s WHOIS Inaccuracy Complaint Form, will be rolled out to Nominet’s web-based and port 43 WHOIS systems on 4 July 2017.
Where a Registrar does not provide a Registrar Abuse contact we will display the primary Admin contact details that we currently hold for you.
From 4 July 2017, the following new fields will be displayed in Nominet Registry Services’ WHOIS output for a domain query:
- Registrar Abuse Contact Email
- Registrar Abuse Contact Phone
The following field descriptions will also be updated:
- From “Domain ID” to “Registry Domain ID”
- From “WHOIS Server” to “Registrar WHOIS Server”
- From “Referral URL” to “Registrar URL”
- From “Sponsoring Registrar” to “Registrar”
- From “Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID” to “Registrar IANA ID”
- From "Registrant ID" to "Registry Registrant ID"
- From “Admin ID” to “Registry Admin ID”
- From “Tech ID” to “Registry Tech ID”
- From “Billing ID” to “Registry Billing ID”
From 4 July 2017, the following field description will be updated in Nominet Registry Services’ WHOIS output for a registrar query:
- From "Registrar Name" to "Registrar"
Registrars should ensure that any system using the WHOIS output is updated to accommodate these changes.
If you have any questions, please contact us on +44.1865332233 or firstname.lastname@example.org