Nominet Online Services
At a glance
- Web based service for registrars to manage their accounts
- View a summary of your account
- Update your contact details and preferences
- Manage invoices and view transaction history
- UK namespace registrars can access Web Domain Manager
Nominet Online Services is our web based service that enables members and registrars to manage their account information. The service can be accessed via a secure website with your email address, password and optional passphrase.
Online Services gives you access to various areas of your account, including an account summary and tag management. It also gives you information about your credit account and other services to which you subscribe.
Please send us feedback on the service and any requests to change the way it works. We are keen to make it easy for registrars to work with us and will consider all your suggestions.
What Online Services is for
Online Services enables you to perform the following tasks:
- View a summary of your account, change your organisation details, update or add administrative and billing contacts and change your contact addresses
- View summaries of your credit account and your full transaction history, make online payments or set up payments by Direct Debit
- Access the Nominet Searchable WHOIS Service (if you have subscribed to this service)
- View the current status of your pending applications for any of our services
- Change your contact details
If you are a registrar in the UK namespace you can also:
- Access the Web Domain Manager, which is a fully-featured system that can be used exclusively to register and manage the domain names on your tag
- Select the handshake option to manage domain names being transferred to your tag
- Manage your PGP keys, change or add notification addresses and update your public information
- Access a list of all the registrants who have rights of refusal to a .uk domain name
Use the List API tool
- Navigate to the service URL https://listapi.nominet.org.uk/ws/automaton?wsdl
- Save the WSDL that is displayed.
- Use a toolkit of your choice to generate a client i.e. http://php.net/manual/en/class.soapclient.php or https://axis.apache.org/axis/java/. Point your toolkit at the WSDL to generate your client code.
- Generate an API key from the Tag Settings page in Online Services. (See List API section.)
- Write code to call the generated client code. Include your API key on all requests.
- Ensure you connect securely i.e. load the services SSL certificate into a trust store or equivalent. (You can download this from the browser when viewing the WDSL)
- Download data from the API.
Customise your account
Within Online Services you have the option to customise a number of areas including